Knowledge Transfer Adviser
4 days left
- Full Time
Knowledge Transfer Adviser (KTA)
Location: Wales – Home based role with regular travel within the local region and occasional travel elsewhere in the UK
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000, plus many more fantastic benefits
Hours: Full time
Do you understand how businesses work and do you enjoy helping them to work better?
At KTN, we create powerful connections, with business at the heart of everything we do. Assisting UK businesses to innovate, grow and profit from effective transfer of knowledge from the research base into business – covering all technologies and industries. We shape the innovation communities of the future.
All Knowledge Transfer Advisers (KTAs) have both a local role and a national role, acting as a knowledgeable conduit between the Innovate UK family, the local research base and innovation ecosystem and the national equivalents. A significant part of the role will be the facilitation; brokerage, mentoring and support of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships funded by Innovate UK and other KTP sponsors.
You will facilitate knowledge transfer and innovation linkages between UK business and the UK research base (Universities, RTOs and national facilities), especially via promotion, brokerage, mentoring and support of Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs).
Your duties will include;
● Creating and sustaining a strategic relationship with University senior management of institutions in your region to drive positive change and increase their support for business innovation.
Identification of and liaison with key innovation stakeholders within the research base
● Analysing the needs and capabilities of businesses contacted or met to facilitate new B2R and B2B collaborations
● Help to identify suitable research base partners and assisting them to develop high-quality projects and the provision of on-going monitoring and support
● Coaching and mentoring of KTP Associates to encourage their development towards being a business leader of tomorrow
● Project completion review and reporting and follow ups
● Participation in the local innovation eco-system
● Identifying business and academic needs and capabilities, identifying high-growth potential businesses and signposting to other forms of support and finance
● Assisting in the development and maintenance of a database of UK University spinouts and start- ups attracting Angel and VC funding
You will need;
● A full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle
● A technical degree or equivalent experience
● Notable business experience or demonstrated business awareness – credible with a wide range of stakeholders and clear ability to understand business strategy and the needs of a wide variety of businesses
● Experience of building and managing collaborative partnerships to deliver innovation.
● Experience and awareness of the needs and drivers of the research base and credibility with senior academics across a range of disciplines
Please click 'Apply'
Apply for Knowledge Transfer Adviser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly