Accountant / Bookkeeper
Sector: Graphic Design
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience
Hours: Permanent part-time position, 15 – 20 hours per week ideally spread over 5 days Monday to Friday.
STB are an industry leading Graphic Design agency. Our straightforward approach to graphic design has served us well for over 30 years. No pseudo-science, waffle or jargon. Just brilliant, commercial graphic design, pure and simple.
We are looking for a part-time Accountant/Bookkeeper to join our team. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records by recording the day-to-day financial transactions of the company.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Good working knowledge of Sage 50 payroll and to process monthly payroll
- Allocate bank transactions from cashbook
- Calculate and prepare tax and vat payments
- Check and verify source documents such as invoices and receipts.
- Allocate and post financial transaction details
- Month end journal posting
- Involvement in cashflow
- Run and maintain fixed asset register
- Involved in accounts payable and receivable.
- Draw up financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet)
- Maintain internal control systems
- Assist with audits and budget preparation work
Education and Experience:
- Experienced in accounting of an SME
- A working knowledge of the latest accounting principles and procedures
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- A good working knowledge of Sage 50 and ideally Sage Business Cloud
- Minimum of AAT qualification.
Please click 'Apply'