Python Developer - Financial Services
Alexander Ash are currently working with a global financial services organisation who are looking for a Python Developer to join their multi-disciplinary team. Within the organisation you will be working directly for stakeholders in Macro Trading and collaborating closely with colleagues in Quantative Analytics to build and maintain a suit of tools used for intraday risk management.
This is an exciting opportunity for any Python Developer who is dedicated and will seek to identify improvements and efficiency's, while utilising new technologies and existing tools as the organisation takes on one of it's biggest bodies of work.
- Consolidation, upgrade and maintenance of Front Office pricing spreadsheets and other Front Office tools working largely in Python and Excel.
- Facing Front Office stakeholders directly to agree and plan the forward book of work
- Responsible for ensuring that all Standards are met across the SDLC
- Problem solving to ensure that the critical toolsets used by Front Office continue to provide leading-edge solutions
- Proven and proficient programming skills in Python with active hand-on experience in one or more prevalent Python frameworks
- Strong working knowledge of XML structures, navigation, validation and transformation
- Hand-on experience with Server Side programming, web services and messaging protocol
- Experience in development of enterprise Java/.NET applications