Cyber Security- Technical Lead
Are you a Cyber Security expert looking for your next challenge to help drive change and support our future? Why choose us?
The University of Westminster was established over 175 years ago and has developed into one of the UK's leading Universities, fostering innovation and creativity inspired by research and informed by practice. Now is an exciting time to join us on our journey, as we embed digital at the heart of everything we do. With a GBP40m investment over the next 5 years, we are looking to grow our dynamic and innovative technology team. The University supports around 18,000 Students and staff based across our sites in the heart of London.
We offer a comprehensive range of IT and Digital Services. Our landscape, like that of many organisations, is changing, with increased need to deliver education remotely. We are looking to invest in emerging and innovative technologies that will create a hybrid digital experience for our students today and for the future.
Working as a Technical Lead for IT Security across the entire IT Services team you will play a vital role in the development of new solutions as well as working at a senior level across the University to help drive the importance and understanding of security across our staff and student communities. Working with the Senior management team within IT you will review and develop our existing security framework, standards, policies and architecture to help drive us to Cyber Essential plus and security framework based on ISO 27001.
We need you to help ensure our solutions are safe, secure and robust for the future. Security has an important role to play in the next 12 months an enabling us to accelerate our plans around delivering our digital strategy, research technology and developing cloud platforms that will enable us to push the boundaries but in a secure and safe manner
- Strong background in IT or Cyber security with experience of designing, implementing and improving IT security capabilities, architecture and controls across Networks, Software and applications within a large complex environment
- Ideally experience of acting in technical lead within a multi-disciplinary IT Team with the passion to help develop people and security expertise
- Knowledge of applicable security standards and accreditations such as PCI-DSS, ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials, Data Security Protection Toolkit (DSPT)
- Hands on experience of implementing and managing several of the following: Cloud network and security integration, penetration testing, Server Firewall configuration, Application security assessments, Data encryption protocols and ciphers, User or device-based network access controls Intrusion detection systems
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to be adaptable and flexible and able to adjust to new situations and environments
- Proven ability to develop and foster good working relationships with peers and influence them to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with a logical and pragmatic approach to tasks
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, including the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to create and maintain documentation, including policies, knowledge base articles, technical documentation, update solution designs, etc.
As an employer of choice, the University of Westminster offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary of GBP52,915-GBP57,361 dependent upon experience
- 35 days annual leave plus Christmas closure days, public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
- Professional and personal development and training opportunities
Closing date: Sunday 7th March
Video interviews will be held remotely for this role on Tuesday 16th March
For more detailed information, please contact us and visit our dedicated recruitment website to find out why you should join the University of Westminster