MS SQL DBA (Technical Consultant)
SQL DBA required for one of the largest independent providers of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server database support and consultancy services within the UK!
You must be commutable for now more than 1 hour and 20 mins from Nottingham to be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of administering Microsoft database technologies, ranging from version SQL Server 7 to 2019.
- An excellent working knowledge of the following MSSQL products:
- Windows Failover Cluster
- AlwaysOn Cluster
- Database Mirroring
- Log Shipping
- Maintenance Plans
- Performance Tuning
- Knowledge of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Azure cloud experience (desired)
- Microsoft Certification (MCA, MCP, MCE)
- Experience of working in an SLA support structure
- The day to day support, troubleshooting and administration of customers Microsoft SQL Server database(s) and IT infrastructure, as part of the First and Second line support structure
- Liaising directly with customers to assist in problem resolution
- Mentoring of the junior members of staff
- Provide technical assistance to internal members of staff for fault resolution, and consultancy requirements
- Creation of technical documentation for internal and external use, including qualification of customer requirements
- Join the companies On Call' rota, providing 24??7
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
In addition to the managed service activities, you will also be helping our clients with their larger and more challenging projects:
- Providing expert SQL Server advice as part of pre-sales and project planning activities
- Data centre migrations
- Estate upgrades
- Server analysis, and Performance and Tuning recommendations
- Cloud suitability assessments and migrations
- Cost saving activities such as server consolidations, use of cloud services and other recommendations that will provide a positive benefit to our clients performance and financial bottom lines.