Role: Data Manager
Company: Global Retailer
Location: Nottingham (Remote work currently)
A Data Manager is required for an initial 3 month contract focused on Data Scoping, Metadata Management, Reference Data Management and Data Mapping Governance across the D&A platform. The Data Manager will need to work with various IT and business stakeholders in a fast-paced working environment.
The Data Manager will:
- Combine both business and data analysis skills to validate data scope, data requirements and data definitions
- Document project data scope using standard templates that address data sources, data provenance, data requirements, data classification and data patterns.
- Review data trackers and data mapping in delivery and ensure that they align to data team standards and project scope
- Manage the escalation and resolution process for any deviations from team standards and project scope
- Continuously improve data team scoping and delivery standards and processes
- Actively monitor the Platform Reports to ensure that they accurately reflect the data stored within the platform, and take ownership of any issues through to a resolution.
- Define, establish and monitor Reference Data Management processes and governance
- Work closely and collaboratively with data modellers, data analysts, solution architects, data engineers, business analysts and product owners/managers to ensure that metadata and reference data is used and maintained consistently, and data quality is managed proactively.
- Contribute to the Data Design Forum help establish and improve data standards and efficient ways of working
- Work with the Data Architect to influence and realise the data management strategy
- Experience working in an IT/analytics environment
- Extensive experience analysing data from a quality and integrity perspective
- Experience leading data management activity
- Attention to detail
- Highly proficient using SQL
- Good understanding of metadata, master data and reference data management concepts
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- Able to collaborate globally with a variety of technical and business stakeholders
- Data protection, security and governance awareness
Please apply to find out more.