Lead Data Analyst (12 month FTC)
Lead Data Analyst
12 month FTC
Large Insurance organisation
The role will involve the support of all Data Analysis for the Data Warehouse and ETL solutions to support projects and small change within the suite of Data Warehouse applications and be the Lead within the team.
The role will be engaged in the investigation, evaluation, interpretation and classification of data, in order to define and clarify information structures which describe the relationships between real world entities. Such structures facilitate the development of software systems, links between systems or retrieval activities. They will investigate corporate data requirements, and apply data analysis, Datamodelling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). They will provide advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
There will be a level of Data Analysis support activity during the development, testing, release and warranty phases of any project and work packages. There will also be an element of support activities for user enquiries and other identified issues that arise within Data Warehouse and ETL environments as required.
The role will work closely with the Datawarehouse Development and Support Managers to ensure that all data solutions are implemented with data quality in mind. The role will also interface directly with the Enterprise Data Architects and the CTO team
- Data specification based upon business specifications, user requirements and optimal presentation of data to reporting tools such as MicroStrategy.
- Data design of all aspects of Data Warehouse deliverables which will include input into the Business Glossary, ownership and delivery of source to target mappings, amendment and adherence to the Physical Data Model, Data Profiling and input into business rules.
- Design will ensure data is modelled logically, consistently and intuitively, making certain that proposed solutions perform optimally within agreed tolerances.
- Provide consultancy and development estimates with Key assumptions as part of evaluating work packages in support of projects relating to data deliverables and overall project or BAU deliverables
- Liaise with business representatives, business expert users and BA, PM, Developers and Architects to ensure all requirements are within scope of the proposed solution, the Data Warehouse structure and the companies' data strategy.
- Ensure alignment to the Information Governance Framework through liaison with CTO, the Data Architacture Team and the Information Governance Committee.
- Involvement in Project & BAU work as a Project Team Member where required.
- Production and maintenance of documentation including technical, procedural and administrative documents where required.
- Provide second line support as part of transitioning warehouse deliverables from projects to dedicated support team.
- Proficiency to an intermediate hands on level - SQL Server (T-SQL and SSIS), InfoSphere Data Architect, Microsoft Master Data Services, Excel
- Ability to work to quality standards and in a structured environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Data Warehouse - Data Design
- SQL skills along with full understanding of data design concepts, Datamodelling, data profiling, Logical Data Model design & adherence, Kimball methodology, quality controlled documentation
- Understanding Business Analysis & requirements
- Data Analysis Capability