Our client, one of the leading Sustainability Consultancies in the UK are seeking a Bid Manager with a demonstrable level of experience handling high level contracts and overall processes.
with an increasing number of RFPs (Requests for Proposal) and formal tendering processes for the provision of our clients and offsetting services. The mission of the Bid Manager is to act as the project leader in such bids, executing the process to develop an opportunity into a won contract.
This is an ideal opportunity for those with exposure to the industry to take their career to the next stage and take on more ownership of your work.
You will see yourself playing a vital role within the Business Development Team working with clients across the UK and Europe.
- Contributing to the appropriate qualification of sales opportunities, with an emphasis on formal tender / RFP processes
- Orchestrating the development of a winning sales strategy
- Developing and maintaining successful relationships with clients, partners and advisors 2
- Directing the development and production of a high-quality winning proposition in line with the agreed sales strategy. This includes written proposals, client presentations and commercial proposals
- Leadership and direction of an extended bid team, to incorporate contributions from other team members across the business
- End to end planning of bid activity from identification and pursuit through to negotiation, closure and handover to delivery & account management team.
- Defining and securing required bid resources
- Identification, management and mitigation of risks
- Internal communications and stakeholder management
- Comfort with selling and supporting the sale of large business deals with FTSE 350 clients
- A successful track record as Bid Manager in large/complex pursuits or have demonstrated outstanding success in a related role and be committed to a future career in bid management
- Able to demonstrate success or aptitude for selling in a consultative environment
- A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to winning business and developing successful, long-term client engagements
- A good understanding of sales strategies and their development
- Willingness to learn and a genuine passion for sustainability
- Knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
If you could be interested in this opportunity then please apply or get in touch me if you have any questions
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.