Permanent, Full Time (Term Time Only)
About the Together Trust
We’re one of the North West’s leading disability charities, offering individual care, support and education to thousands of people each year.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without our incredible team of staff and volunteers who are positive role models to the people we support.
You’ll be joining an organisation driven by its values and desire to see meaningful change - the people we support really are at the heart of everything we do.
We want you to grow and develop - so we’ll support you to shape the career that you want to have.
We can’t promise a job with us will be easy. But what we can say is your work will be filled with meaning.
A job at the Together Trust is more than just a job. Together we’ll change lives.
The Together Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is a commitment we expect and require from all our staff and volunteers. All Successful applicants will undertake stringent recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS.
Inscape House School is a specialist school for children with autistic spectrum disorders and related conditions, based on the Together Trust Campus in Cheadle. The school has a broad and balanced curriculum incorporating the National Curriculum with an emphasis on the development of social, communication and personal skills as set out in the Inscape House School Teaching and Learning Policy.
Inscape House school have a number of vacancies, permanent and interim, for Educational Assistants. The post holder will work with teachers and therapists in assisting in the delivery of the curriculum and in the care of the pupils. In addition, the postholder will be required to participate in other activities within the school, including supervision of play and lunchtimes.
As part of the Together Trust Education Service staff team, including teachers, college tutors, speech and language therapists, assistants and other professionals, the postholder will be expected to participate in the life of the school and support the ethos of the Trust and Inscape House. In respect of the general responsibilities as an employee of the Trust, the postholder will be required to:
- Promote a positive image of the school and the Trust at all times.
- Be aware of and follow the relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality for all areas of the post.
- Take responsibility for the promotion of safeguarding and the welfare of children and young persons for who s/he is responsible for.
- Co-operate with all Together Trust staff in maintaining harmonious interpersonal relations.
- Perform any duties as may reasonably be required by the Trust, or as requested by the postholder’s line manager and other senior managers.
The postholder will be required to be an active part of a class team to provide assistance with the delivery of the curriculum under the guidance of and in consultation with teaching and therapy staff, including activities such as:
- Taking responsibility for the supervision of a group of children in a given activity
- Contributing to assessment through observation and recording of assessment data
- Contributing to the pupil IEP’s and support plans
- Recording incidents and achievements on the school MIS system
- Sharing responsibility for compilation of displays
- Devising and supervising practical activities, etc.
- Preparing relevant materials
- Carry out therapy programmes under the guidance of the Support for Learning Team
- Supporting pupils off site in a variety of education enrichment opportunities
- As a specialist EA, support the delivery area of a specific curriculum area eg. science, PE, Music, Food Technology, Enrichment Curriculum & Family Activities, girls group.
You'll get to help the people we support celebrate along the road to a brighter future. And, be part of an incredible team of like-minded peers. Together we work hard, laugh a lot, and support each other. We also have a range of rewards and benefits for our staff:
- 5.67 weeks pro rata holidays
- A company pension plan with 7% employer contribution
- Opportunity to purchase a health plan to claim towards therapy, dental and more
- Unlimited access to our employee assistance programme for advice and support
- Support from mental health first aiders
- Follow your ambitions and progress your career through on-the-job training, apprenticeships and qualifications