We are recruiting a Finance Manager which will sit within our Ireland Marketplace Publisher function, which is made up of popular titles such as Irish Mirror, Irish Daily Star, BelfastLive, DublinLive, RSVPLive and Cork Beo. The successful candidate in this role will support these business areas and management team ensuring delivery of key business objectives and deliverables without being encumbered with accounts routines, production and compliance.
We are looking for a candidate who will be able to keep abreast of key business performance measures, what influences them, and the actions that can be undertaken within the business to deliver upon commitments within business plans/budgets. This is an exciting role, and one which comes at an exciting time for our business.
What will the role involve?
- You will support the business area with the successful delivery of budgets and strategic objectives.
- Working closely with internal and external compliance teams within local business areas with policies (finance)
- Responsible for reviewing and approving month-end accounts, preparation of local business re-forecasts / budgets and ownership of local business weekly profit forecasts.
- Providing financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization (Ireland Marketplace Publisher).
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company's actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm's finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant with a recognised accountancy body (Or QBE)
- Previous experience in a similar/ senior post with significant post qualification experience
- Strong system skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines
- Self starter capable of working autonomously and setting own priorities
- Knowledge of Republic of Ireland legislation would be advantageous
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary of up to £65,000 (€ equivalent) and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.