IT Security Analyst - FTC
Detailed Job title: IT Security Analyst - Security Monitoring, Incident response, vulnerability assessment,
Salary: GBP40,000 - GBP50,000 + Bonus
Duration - 12 month fixed term contract
Are you looking for a new IT Security Analyst position?
Do you have experience in security monitoring, incident response, and vulnerability assessment and looking to play a key role in the monitoring and maintenance of IT Security controls within a complex working environment?
Sentinel are working with a multi-national organisation, looking for an IT Security Analyst to join their Watford based office & play a key role in maintaining IT Security controls across the business.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone that has a strong mix of the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience within an IT Security environment.
- Prior experience in security monitoring/SIEM (Darktrace, LogRhythm, LogLogic, CrowdStrike, Splunk, AlienVault, or similar).
- Prior experience in incident response and management.
- Good understanding of vulnerability assessment tools and process.
- Able to review, test, and maintain IT Security controls.
- Able to manage a broad range of security defenses, including: Firewalls, email security, endpoint protection, anti-malware, log monitoring, and similar.
As the it Security Analyst you'll be responsible for:
- Use SIEM tooling to continuously monitor network for breaches and manage incident investigation process end to end.
- Contribute towards the review, testing, and maintenance of business wide security controls.
- Contribute towards vulnerability assessment, management, and penetration testing activity.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
- Assist in access management and privileged access management control.
- Day to day monitoring of existing security tools and processes and existing systems.
Your application with Sentinel:
Sentinel is an award-winning technology recruitment and consulting company with offices in the UK, Czech Republic, and Switzerland. We work with global brands, ambitious start-ups, and leading recruitment outsourcers, ensuring access to exceptional talent through permanent, contingent labour, and statement of work services.
We aspire to provide great service to all applicants. If we think you're right for the role, we'll be in touch as soon as possible. If not, we'll keep you updated with other opportunities in your field.