Systems Engineer - Shift-based
Our client is urgently looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join their team based near Derby, working on shift patterns on a permanent basis. The Systems Engineer will provide hands-on technical support and analysis for our software, infrastructure and technology products and ensure the availability of critical systems.
The Systems Engineer will engage directly with the customer to support with operational analysis, exceptions and change management this role enables the successful candidate to be a significant contributor to the success of their customer's operation.
You will also be tasked with increasing stability, increasing efficiency and establishing best practice across the business.
Shift patterns will be Monday - Friday, covering 06:00-18:00 and 18:00-06:00, 4 on, 4 off.
Systems Engineer - Key Skills:
- 3+ years' experience in software application support and incident investigation
- An understanding of warehouse operations and supply chain management
- 3-5 years related experience in warehousing, high volume manufacturing, distribution, production planning and/or transportation environment
- Technical Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Technical knowledge of SQL Databases
- Programming languages (Java, Python, PL/SQL, C++) (desirable)
- Knowledge of WMS and WCS (desirable)
- An appreciation of networking and server infrastructure (desirable)
- An engineering industry background complimented by recognised experience
- Operational experience within an automated distribution facility (desirable)
- Strong skills in report development
- ITIL Foundation (desirable)
Systems Engineer - Benefits:
- GBP5,000 Shift Allowance
- Annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Discount vouchers
- Private Medical cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Self-development/External self-project support
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website