Official Veterinarian (Meat Inspector) - 6 months - Harthill
Harvey Nash's public sector client is currently looking for a Meat Inspector to join their team on a six month contract based in Harthill. This role is one of the key front-line operational roles within the organisation. These staff deliver Official Controls (OC) in approved premises across the Scotland, ensuring that meat produced is safe for human consumption.
- Conducting Ante Mortem Inspection (AMI) of animals for slaughter and making decisions based on the fitness of animals presented for slaughter. In particular, to determine if there has been any sign that welfare has been compromised
- Conducting Post Morten Inspection (PMI)
- Verification of slaughter hygiene standards
- Verification of FBO compliance with microbiological criteria
- Collection and communication of Inspection results
- Verify the FBO complies with legislative requirements through their own food safety management procedures
- Gather evidence to support targeted enforcement for FSS and other enforcement agencies as required
This role has been deemed inside IR35 regulations therefore the use of an Umbrella company is required. Applicants must hold, or have already applied for a Basic Disclosure Scotland. Please click the link to apply.