Are you an experienced PHP Web Developer with full stack experience? Are you looking for a role that offers flexible working and more than just BAU? How about a role in a small development team of 5 that will give you lots of autonomy? If so then please read on ..
Working for a highly successful retail business currently in the midst of a large scale transformation and technology refresh we are looking for an experienced PHP Web Developer to be responsible for the development and delivery of critical business applications & tools across the stack (both Front End and Back End) utilising the most appropriate technologies.
Specific tasks/responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design and creation and refactoring of code to achieve the agreed specification.
- Maintaining a source control system
- Maintenance of multiple environments in order to separate development, testing and live.
- Test plans and bug fixing as required to get systems live.
- Providing support for both Legacy and new applications
- Creating work plans, schedules and supporting documentation for all code written.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience of PHP, MySQL and PHP Frameworks (ideally Laravel but experience of others such as Symfony and Zend will also be considered).
Skills/experience sought includes;
- Excellent experience of PHP and Laravel (or similar) framework.
- Good experience of HTML and CSS
- Experience of creating RESTful API's to drive internal applications developed by other colleagues.
- Experience of using LAMP in a commercial environment would be an advantage but is not essential
- Command line level knowledge and Scripting skills for Linux (Debian/Ubuntu preferred) will be an advantage but not essential
- The ability to produce good quality documentation
Boasting a fast paced team environment and offering both greenfield projects and BAU elements in this role, our client is offering a highly competitive salary, flexible working arrangements (up to 4 days a week from home) plus annual Bonus of up to 15%, Pension, Healthcare, Sick Pay, Life Assurance, sponsorship for further education and staff discounts! Apply now with a current CV for further information! Interviewing immediately!