Account Manager (GREATEST HITS RADIO)
Reporting to the Sales Director
We are passionate about connecting our audiences with our customers. Whether that be on air through our market leading radio stations like Greatest Hits Radio Yorkshire Coast or through our growing digital channels we offer creative solutions that get our clients results.
This account manager role serves our customer base across the Hull area (though some home based calls at present due to CV-19) and would ideally suit an individual with a proven track record of radio or media sales.
The focus of the role
Due to team expansion we are looking for a Sales Account Manager to join us at our market leading station Greatest Hits Radio - Hull.
The role will primarily involve working with local businesses, selling creative multi-platform advertising campaigns.
Our portfolio includes commercial airtime, creative, digital products, sponsorships and client funded promotions.
You will proactively manage your own territory and client list and will be expected to independently source and secure new business.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn't suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.
- Prospect, pre-qualify and appoint potential customers
- Achieve an average of 15 face to face appointments weekly combining fact find and presentations
- Take a customer brief and work with colleagues in the creative solutions team to build campaign proposals
- Sales and appointment making over the phone
- Acquiring new customers in order to generate new revenue
- Develop a strong understanding of your customer's business sector and their core objectives
- Use data to build your sales proposition
- Build strong relationships with clients and external stakeholders
- Be confident presenting and selling bespoke multi-platform solutions to client partners using our full Bauer brand portfolio
- Maintain and grow existing accounts whilst delivering best in class customer service
- Accurate forecasting of monthly and quarterly sales revenue
- Consistent target achievement monthly and quarterly
- Proactively use CRM to manage client contacts, forecasts, pipeline activity and leads
- You will have a proven track record of target achievement within radio, media or digital sales, knowledge of the local area is desirable
- Demonstrable success in new business generation and customer account management
- Clear face to face sales experience
- Experience in conducting in depth fact finds with customers, with the ability to identify core measurable objectives
- Good understanding of the media landscape
- Ability to plan, construct and deliver effective client proposals
- Be able to translate data for use within the sales proposition
- Understanding of the sales process and ability to diligently follow the steps within that process
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong, confident communicator
- Strong account management and admin skills
- Work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines
Please provide a covering letter with your application
About Bauer Media Group
Bauer Media Group has become an enduringly successful media corporation by focusing on creating content that matters most to millions of people around the world: from print and online publishing to radio and money-helper services for consumers, as well as sales and marketing services for SMB. Family-owned in the 5th generation, Bauer focuses on the long term, with a consumer-first mindset that guides us across our increasingly diverse portfolio. Our workforce of 15,000 shares a passion - to deliver content and services that are popular with, and helpful to, our customers and partners.
Bauer Media Audio is Europe's leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 7 countries - the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Belonging at Bauer Mission statement
People are at the heart of everything we do. Inclusivity is part of who we are. We celebrate diversity in all its forms, and encourage authenticity, knowing that our differences are celebrated.
What we will offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We all take collective responsibility for our culture, because we know it has a ripple effect out across our brands. That's why our culture of inclusion at work, Belonging at Bauer, is at the heart of everything we do. Belonging at Bauer is about our dual goals of being as representative as we can of the audiences we serve, and about creating a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It's part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you'll be an important part of this as well.
Our mental health at work
We're proud to be the driving force behind the "Where's your head at?" campaign, which is working to put Mental Health First Aiders on an equal footing with traditional workplace First Aiders. This is a priority for all of us that work at Bauer and we now have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders supporting and working across all of our UK locations.
Bauer Core Values
Creativity - We create unique, high-quality content that delights our audiences.
Ambition - We think big and bold, pushing boundaries and embracing change.
Passion - We approach every day with curiosity, commitment and a lively positive mindset.
Teamwork - We learn from each other and take the time to understand both challenges and opportunities, working together to find the right solution.
Trust - We are open, respectful and honest.
Inclusivity - We encourage different points of view and perspectives and value all contributions.
Responsibility - We make measured and thoughtful decisions that support the business vision.
For more information about Bauer Media UK please check out our Website