Farm Technical Manager
Farm Technical Manager | Fresh Produce
Are you looking for a role that focuses on crop improvement and farm innovation? Do you have a background in agriculture? Well, we are working on an excellent opportunity for a Farm Technical Manager to join a highly regarded fourth generation farming business as they continue to grow from strength to strength.
This is an exciting time for this grower, packer and distributer of fresh produce as they continue to maintain their family values whilst embracing a rapidly changing food market.
As Farm Technical Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met whilst providing support to the Farms Director and the Technical Director.
This will see you completing duties such as:
- Managing Muddy Boots Grower Manager recording system.
- Management of sampling including pesticides, irrigation water and soil nutrition.
- Managing farm and customer assurance standards.
- The collation and management of PPU lists.
- Advising on crop monitoring and management.
- Leading biodiversity initiatives
- Being the farm technical lead during audits.
- Assisting with the coordination of new farm initiatives.
We are looking for candidates who are determined, decisive and focused. You'll have high attention to detail and be able to work under pressure. You'll also have a background in fresh produce and have experience of working in a similar function. Ideally, you will be BASIS qualified and HACCP trained but training could be given to the right candidate. We would also consider those that have a background in agricultural trials or agriculture graduates that have some hands-on experience. A full UK driving license is essential.
If you'd be interested in this role please apply below or contact