Business Systems Analyst
Cardiff (initially home based due to COVID-19)
In every corner of Britain, Royal Voluntary Service mobilises volunteers to support those in need, in hospital and in the community.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care, and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our staff are some of the most passionate and dedicated people in the country, who contribute directly to making society better connected, more inclusive and a place where everyone can thrive.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will provide business systems support to our organisation.
In this important role, you’ll provide advice to end users of business systems, fulfil service requests and ensure that any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
You will also:
- Act as a primary point of contact for end users
- Be responsible for the day-to-day administration of our business systems and data, focusing on finance applications
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to understand and document project objectives and scope for new developments
- Recommend changes to systems and support colleagues to deliver them
- Undertake small-scale developments using our integration tools
To join us as a Business Systems Analyst, you will need:
- Experience of liaising with end users as well as resolving technical issues
- Knowledge of relevant IT developments across the enterprise business systems platforms
- Experience of resolving issues in business system assets
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures
- Knowledge and experience of MS-SQL and TSQL
- Knowledge and experience of reporting tools such as SSRS or Power BI
- Experience with support and developing either finance systems and interfaces, or SharePoint sites within M365 – please specify your interest and demonstrate your experience in the application form
Why you should join our team
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- A salary of £25,000 per annum
- An employee assistance helpline
- Potential flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
How to apply
If you think you’d succeed as our Business Systems Analyst, please select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The closing date for this vacancy is 24th February 2021. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
Other organisations may call this role Technical Support Analyst, Application Support Technician, IT Support Analyst, Business Systems Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, or Business Systems Support Technician.
Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday