1 day left
- Full Time
Field Based (covering East Surrey)
If you’ve got experience in an operational water distribution role and want to make a difference to water quality across Surrey, this is the ideal role in which to progress, develop and gain further experience and expertise with a leading water supplier.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
Joining a friendly team of seven, you will be one of five Inspectors who report to a Senior Inspector and a Section Manager. Our team stay in constant contact with our head office and enjoy an open department where everyone supports each other to succeed.
We’ll provide a comprehensive induction when you join us followed by the chance to shadow one of our Inspectors. You will also receive ongoing inspector training and the opportunity to undertake further inhouse training.
What’s more, you’ll have the chance to progress into a Senior Inspector role over time making this a super role for the future. We boast excellent staff retainment and this role has come about due to retirement.
- Salary of £26,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in the local area
- Working hours: full time, with one week in five as part of a stand-by rota
As a Network Inspector, you will be tasked with supporting the water mains network throughout East Surrey.
Specifically, you will visit customers and provide assistance, support developers, authorities, contractors and colleagues across your area.
Providing high levels of service at all time, you will uphold our values of Service, Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Compassion and innovation.
Your role will also involve:
- Working with network, water quality, and construction partners to provide specialist advice regarding the water mains
- Providing information and instruction for the implementation of network repair and maintenance works
- Investigating complaints and implementing remedial actions
- Planning and risk assessing water mains network operations
- Recording and completing statistics and records
- Undertaking water fittings regulations inspections at domestic premises
- Water mains flushing and sampling
Other organisations may call this role Water Network Inspector, Water Regulations Inspector, Water Network Officer, Water Network Engineer, Water Quality Inspector, or Water Sampling Inspector.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Network Inspector with:
- Excellent organisational skills
- A self-motivated approach
- A good team player mentality
- The ability to make effective decisions within established procedures
- At least one year’s experience in a relevant operational position
- National Water Hygiene Card
- NVQ/City and Guilds (or similar) in Water Distribution Operation
- NVQ/City and Guilds (or similar) in Water Fittings Regulations
- Knowledge of the SES water supply area would be beneficial to your application. Knowledge of Company Systems would also be an advantage, as would knowledge of company policies and procedures (such as the network operating manual, company sampling manual, or emergency procedures manual).
- Company car
- Additional overtime
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Network Inspector, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.