Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
Brecon, Brecon Beacons
Brecon Beacons National Park Authority protects the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Brecon Beacons National Park.
We are looking for a Public Affairs Manager to join our team on a full-time basis, working 37 hours per week.
- Salary of £36,922 - £38,889 per annum
- Offices based in one of the UK’s most beautiful sites
- 21 days’ holiday per annum plus eight public holidays and two extra statutory days
- Shape the voice of an ambitious organisation that’s dedicated to conservation
As the Public Affairs Manager, you will lead and oversee the implementation of our stakeholder engagement and communication strategies.
Managing a small in-house team and multiple agency resources, you will shape our reputation as an organisation that is at the forefront of work to tackle climate change, biodiversity recovery, the development of sustainable rural communities, and the wellbeing of future generations.
Some of your duties will include:
- Working with the Chair and Chief Executive to implement a public affairs programme
- Developing and maintaining our identity and advocacy work across all print, media and communications channels
- Ensuring the views of the Authority are effectively presented to the Welsh Government, key stakeholders, partners and Members
- Building relationships with key external stakeholders
To join us as our Public Affairs Manager, you will need:
- Substantial experience of working in a communications, media relations, engagement or political environment
- Experience of handling media relations and leading multi-channel communication campaigns
- Previous experience of recruiting, managing, coaching and developing staff
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs, contemporary politics and the workings of government at both local and national levels
- The ability to absorb and digest large volumes of complex information and act decisively
Other organisations may call this role Media Manager, Communications Manager, PR Manager, Public Relations Manager, Media Relations Manager, or Press and Media Manager.
Webrecruit and Brecon Beacons National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as our Public Affairs Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week