3 days left
- Full Time
An influential and rewarding opportunity exists for volunteers from across communities and businesses in Lincolnshire to join a network of individuals who make up the Lincolnshire Police Independent Advisory Group (IAG).
The IAG exists to provide guidance, personal insight and constructive challenge in support of the county’s Police Force in the development and review of policing policies, procedures and practices.
As member of the IAG you will work constructively to help ensure the police deliver the best possible service to the people of Lincolnshire by reflecting and promoting the interests of the county’s communities.
Depending on your background, skills, knowledge, experience and interests, as a member of the IAG you will have the opportunity to be involved in one or more of a range of activities which may include:
- attending meetings, committees or working groups considering issues such as neighbourhood policing and current operations
- acting in a consultative capacity by contributing to policy consultations and proposals
- participating in critical incident reviews
- contributing to casework review panels including complaints and stop and search.
Some activities may involve attending meetings either at the Headquarters in Nettleham or other police establishments around the county. Alternatively you may prefer to act in a consultative capacity working mainly through email correspondence or participating in video conferencing where appropriate. The nature of your involvement will depend on the specific roles you have volunteered for.
To be a member of the IAG it is important that you:
- have a good understanding of the needs, wants, priorities and concerns of communities within Lincolnshire and are prepared to articulate those views no matter how uncomfortable they are; the IAG does not necessarily exist to agree with the police and is expected to offer constructive challenge,
- are motivated by a desire to improve policing services for all members of the community and
- are an effective communicator, able to contribute constructively to discussions and consultations.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from minority and underrepresented groups.
If you would like to discuss volunteering for the IAG please email IAG@lincs.pnn.police.uk providing your name and contact number.
Further information on the work of the IAG, the terms and conditions of membership, and details about how to apply can be found by clicking apply below.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted by the 1st March 2021.
Please note that this opportunity is an unpaid voluntary position.