Bank Community Nurse and General Nurses
Bank Community Nurse – Experienced Community Nurses and General Nurses
Trust /Location: Northern Care Alliance – Oldham, Bury, HMR, Salford
Day Rates: £13.79 Night/Sat £17.93 Sun/Bank Holiday £22.07
Do you want to be part of an outstanding organization proud to have some of the highest patient and staff satisfaction rates? If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We are seeking to recruit caring, compassionate Registered Nurses who have Community experience as well as those who are looking to kick start a career in Community Nursing.
This is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated and enthusiastic Nurses to join the Adult Community Nursing Team. The team is part of a dynamic, integrated health and Social multidisciplinary team delivering high quality care, advice, and support and monitoring to patients, their families, and staff.
Must have access to a car as the role involves going to people’s homes and care homes. Flexible shifts and lines of work / block bookings to suit your lifestyle.
Duties and Responsibilities
To work with support from the District Nurses Team Leader in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care within the community. To manage day to day patient care in the absence of a team leader
- To assess, plan and implement care maintaining appropriate documentation in
- To support the team leader in day-to-day patient care
- To deliver a full range of Nursing Care to housebound patients, Wound Care, Administration of Medication including Palliative Care and End of Life Care.
- To communicate collaboratively with the wider MDT (Multi-Disciplinary team) to explore complex issues and to make complex decisions.
- To ensure that essential information on the patients’ condition and progress is recorded by self and team members appropriately according to NMC guidelines.
- Physically able to assist patients with activities of daily living and moving and handling.
In order to apply for this post, you must:
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience as a registered Nurse within the last 2 years.
- Have a full clean driving license.
- Have good communication skills and demonstrate evidence of team-working.
- Be able to take direction and instruction and be honest and trustworthy.
In return for your hard work and your professional, reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive weekly pay
- First choice of available flexible bank shifts / set pre-agreed bookings
- Access to 24-hour Service Centre and online booking portal
- Access to the NHSP Stakeholder Pension
- Paid annual leave, statutory maternity and paternity pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts do not have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialties, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.