Internship - Asset Management
- Full Time
Asset Management Internship
Competitive Salary & Benefits package
Start date: Immediate
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the GBP300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity
We're driven by our purpose: helping people secure a life of possibilities. Our broad range of products across our Open and Heritage businesses means we can support people at all stages of the savings life cycle.
Phoenix is committed to building a best-in-class Asset Management team, underpinned by sustainability, customer centricity, diversity and operational excellence. Our assets are split across Equities, Corporate Bonds, Government Bonds and Illiquid Assets and we use derivatives to manage our overall Balance Sheet.
To further support the firm's strategic objective to increase allocations to Illiquid Assets, Phoenix Asset Management now seeks to recruit dedicated Interns to join the Markets & Portfolio Management team within Asset Management. These positions will be based in London on an initial 6-month fixed term contract basis. Phoenix are delighted to state the 2020 interns on this programme have successfully secured permanent positions through this approach. This vacancy represents an opportunity to join an ambitious organisation during its accelerated growth and transformation stage, within an ever-changing environment where you will discover the potential to perform and grow as an asset management professional.
As an Intern in our Markets & Portfolio Management team you will be given the opportunity to support the origination and management of Phoenix's multi-billion assets portfolio, with a focus on growing and managing a range of Illiquid Assets strategies.
These positions will be based in London and can involve travel between sites as well as agile working.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the management and expansion of a GBP7bnilliquid asset portfolio (of Commercial Real Estate Loans, Infrastructure Debt, Corporate Private Placements, Local Authority Loans, Social Housing Loans etc.) including
- Undertaking new transaction analysis
- Supporting deal execution
- Portfolio analysis, including risk monitoring
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials covering market and asset class developments for key internal and external stakeholders.
- Quantitative analysis of investment recommendations, risk exposures and impacts of proposed management actions on shareholder funds and profitability
- An ongoing contribution to the delivery of Phoenix Group strategy and team goals
If you would like to help shape the future growth of Phoenix to build the brave, forward looking customer-centric company we know we can be and can demonstrate the below:
- Strong record of academic achievement with an undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics or similar
- Keen interest in financial markets, the asset management industry and particularly, Illiquid Assets and markets,
- Aptitude for analytical work, including financial modelling
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinking ability, problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong sense of initiative and ownership and the ability to deliver high quality work with enthusiasm
- Be flexible with change and stay focused on priorities
- Highly capable of developing effective relationships and collaborating across a wide range of stakeholders
then we look forward to receiving your application.
Phoenix is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age