We are currently recruiting for a qualified advocate/ Barrister to join a national law firm in Manchester.
This is a rare opportunity to join an in house advocacy team at a leading insurance firm.
The team operate similar to an in-house set of chambers offering specialist advocacy, drafting and advisory services across a variety of specialisms such as Commercial, Fraud, Occupational Health & Disease, Catastrophic Injury, Professional Indemnity, Employment, Costs and Inquests.
This role is exclusively advocacy-based. The successful candidate can expect to be in court most days, conducting hearings. You will be a part of a team of advocates under our newly appointed Head of Advocacy based in Manchester.
You will conduct interlocutory hearings, costs and case management conferences, applications and final hearings for which you have the necessary rights of audience. Instructions will initially be largely insurance litigation with a focus on personal injury, clinical negligence and industrial disease.
* Barristers who have been called to the Bar, solicitors, solicitor-advocates or Chartered Legal Executive Advocates (Fellow)
* Law degree and/or Graduate Diploma in Law with minimum grade 2:1;
* Bar Vocational Course or Bar Professional Training Course with minimum grade Very Competent;
* PREFERABLY have previous advocacy experience
* PREFERABLY have experience in civil litigation with a focus on personal injury and commercial insurance
If this exciting opportunity is of interest do contact