Senior Service Desk Analyst
Senior Service Desk Analyst/Sheffield/Permanent
Your new company
Experienced Senior/Lead Service Desk Analyst required on a permanent basis for a large and transforming public sector organisation based in Sheffield.
Your new role
As the Senior Service Desk Analyst you will act as a go to contact for 1st line support issues and will report directly into the Service Desk Manager. You will organise the rota and coordinate major incident resolution. You will be an excellent communicator, team player and have a good knowledge around troubleshooting Microsoft and Google technology. You will have a good understanding across ITIL and bring good practice to a outgoing team of Service Desk Analyst's.
The Senior Service Desk Analyst will provide multi-skilled IT support and advice to all customers via phone, self-service, email, chat and face-to-face. You will be professional and courteous using excellent customer service skills to provide swift responses to service requests, ensuring all reported problems and requests are thoroughly investigated. Where a first-time resolution is not possible, queries will be followed up on a timely basis. Customers will be kept informed at all times of the status of their issue and those of a more complex nature will be assigned to the appropriate 2nd/3rd Line support teams.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven recent IT Service Desk experience or customer facing first line IT Support role.
- Good IT Skills and understanding of troubleshooting desktop software and wireless/wired/VPN technology
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to liaise at all levels
- Experience of Microsoft and Google technology
- Capable and willing to take on a level of responsibility around Service Desk activities, through coordination, rota planning and major incident escalation.
- Keen to learn, up for a challenge and ready to bring ideas for service improvement.
- Experience of co-ordinating staff and/or planning an area of work
- ITIL knowledge and understanding of Incident and Problem management.
- A desire to progress to line-management responsibility.
What you'll get in return
This position offers an annual salary of up to GBP26,000 Dependent on experience and offers an excellent benefits package including a very generous pensions scheme and annual leave allowance of over 26 days, as well as flexibility, home working and career development and training opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.