3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
A 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer position has been opened up by this global services company, based in Preston, Lancashire, in their newly refurbished offices paying up to GBP45,000 + Benefits.
The 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer role comes with a competitive salary of GBP45,000 and great benefits such as 25 days holiday, pension, work flexibility, discounts on holiday and travel packages, free parking and on-site caf??'s, it's a great time to join one of the largest services providers (industry-wise) in the world who provide critical infrastructure services to the majority of the world largest developments.
As the successful 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, your role will involve providing technical expertise and guidance within the support team, acting as Subject Matter Expert for Systems & Technologies within our core infrastructure, ensuring delivery, implementation and support of IT Infrastructure solutions are met across the business. You will also be required to work with the Project Support team for the delivery of Infrastructure solutions and facilitate smooth transition into live support
From cloud solutions, virtualisation, E-commerce and the latest in networking and infrastructure technology, you will get to work with an array of the best technology available.
Key skills that will help you in this 3rd Line Support Engineer are:
- Experience in a web-enabled, live eCommerce environment including with advanced IIS & Apache skills to include web site & services implementations, customisation and troubleshooting Microsoft Win7, Win10, Linux OS
- LAN & WAN, TCP/IP, IP Addressing, VLAN, Wifi
- Server architecture, Blade solutions - build, config and management, ideally Cisco UCS
- Cloud platform install, config & support; Azure and/or AWS
- Virtualisation solutions; Hyper-V and/or VMWare, incl. P2V and V2V techniques
- Cisco networking products - Catalyst, Nexus & ASA
- Microsoft IIS and Apache configuration
- SCCM, Office 365 & Azure Directory Services application suite
- Perimeter Security; DDoS, IPS/IDS, Web Proxy, Mail & Web gateway solutions incl. Mimecast
This really is the perfect time to join this organisation as a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, working on critical global infrastructure as they go through a Digital Transformation programme with plenty of exciting new project work.
If this is of interest to you, please reply to this advert and we'll be in touch to discuss the role.
Think IT Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy under UK Government regulations CEAEBR 2003