SC Cleared - Azure DevOps Engineer - Welwyn Garden City
SC Cleared - Azure DevOps Engineer (With experience in Terraforms/Ansible/Puppet)
Salary Negotiable, Dependent on experience, with additional company benefits.
An urgent requirement has arisen for an experienced Azure DevOps Engineer to join a growing team for a Managed IT services company expanding in the UK. You will be joining a team of Engineers reporting to the Managing Director as the business continues to grow.
Job Role Description:
- Lead the development of Cloud capabilities to enhance DevOps processes and enable independent delivery using CI/CD Pipelines.
- Design, document, implement, support and enhance the company's IT Infrastructure and Cloud platforms as well as supporting our clients systems.
- Use agile methodologies within all business area to contribute to the design, implementation and management of cloud and on-premise capabilities.
- Act as subject matter expert and referral point for a portfolio of products and services to assist in support and technical designs of applications and systems.
- Subject matter expert and escalation point for Azure DevOps
- Work with architects, infrastructure and developer teams to create templates for the deployment of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and create automated release solutions
- Perform analysis of current environment to identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure solutions fit architectural blueprints and meets existing technology standards, establish governance, ensuring standards are implemented successfully
- Recommend solutions and collaborate with the operations teams to develop processes to implement changes
- Work with other business areas and technology partners to continuously improve, automate applications and processes
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies, processes and tools and how they might contribute towards the company achieving its key objectives
- Provide support to internal and external customers to troubleshoot and resolve incidents
- Manage and mentor the Cloud team ensuring development plans are in place and a cycle of continuous improvement is maintained within the team
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experienced in MS Azure products
- Ansible or Chef
- Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Test Automation engineering practices