Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a full time Support Worker to our passionate and committed team in the rural village of Blythe Bridge, on the outskirts of Stoke-on-Trent.
We are looking for warm, caring and compassionate Support Workers to join our Supported Living service in Blythe Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent. Our service provides support to one gentleman living alone, with learning disabilities and Autism. This service user is non-verbal so patience and excellent communication is an integral part of his care plan. He enjoys a range of activities including swimming, walks in the park, visiting restaurants and using his own hot tub! 1 to 1 support is needed inside this 3 bedroom home with 2 to 1 support needed in the hot tub and the wider community.
The ideal candidate will be respectful and able to provide excellent support including: personal care, administering medication and help with domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning. You will also be passionate about enabling and encouraging our service users to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life, and to develop their abilities to the fullest.
Support Worker Duties:
- Flexible working hours to include daytimes, evenings and weekends
- Assisting with day-to-day living duties such as budgeting, shopping and supporting with medication and any personal care that may be required
- You will collaborate with service users, families, carers, and involved professionals to provide a coordinated and consistent service that maximises outcomes for service users
- Be responsive to the needs of service users in line with Person Centred Plans and respond flexibly to changing needs
- Encourage and support service users in expressing needs, views and concerns, enabling them to make their own choices and decisions
Due to the rural location of the service, car drivers are preferred however not an essential requirement for this role. Previous care experience is desired but by no means essential, as full ongoing training is provided from our Creative Support Training Academy.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour's teams.