Senior Software Engineer (AWS)
Do you want to join a tech-led business operating multiple leading brands focussed on innovation and disruption with the common mission to help consumers save time and money?
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with a solid knowledge of AWS environments to join us. As a Senior Engineer you'll design and develop software for our platform to help customers save money. You will have the opportunity to work with modern technologies such as AWS, Terraform and Jenkins and work with the wider Tech team collaborating with Test Engineers and Product Managers to help craft the future of money saving!
The person successful in this role will assist in building a platform to support new products and will be closely involved in all agile development principles and practices. Closely developing and handling new components, libraries and services to support the delivery of new products you will play a meaningful role in new vertical development.
You will be selecting the right languages, frameworks and tooling for the job and deliver it in an efficient and punctual way ensuring components are properly tested, instrumented and monitored.
You will commit code to key components and influence the architecture and strategy, creating new capabilities and business opportunities. Testing new tools and technologies will be a big part of the role and you will share your experiences with the team.
You will give and receive honest and constructive feedback on code reviews and help build a positive culture of customer focus, continuous improvement, technical perfection, professional conduct, ownership and collaboration.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Our technical stacks require you to have:
- Specialist working knowledge in Java and/or Kotlin, Node.js and exposure to Python, PHP
- Experience in BDD and TDD
- A comprehensive working knowledge of at least some (but not all) common Amazon Web Services, such as EC2, S3, CloudFormation, Kinesis, Spark, AWS Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Fargate, ECS), Serverless, KMS, SSM, Route53.
- Working knowledge of development and collaboration tools used at Autosave, such as Jira, git, github, IntelliJ IDEA, ELK/Elastic stack, WaveFront, Slack, Confluence
You will also have as standard:
- Experience with at least one relational database and at least one object oriented database.
- Familiarity with security protocols and encryption technologies
- Familiarity with typical enterprise architecture tools and standards such as UML.
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience in integration with 3rd parties for telecom, insurance or energy providers will be advantageous.
- Knowledge & experience in Quote to Order, Billing and Payment, Account Receivables, Customer management systems
As well as having freedom and autonomy to test and learn new things whilst working within a multi-skilled tribes and squads environment, you will have:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Death in service
- Matched pension (up to 6%)
- Private medical cover
- Buy and sell holiday options
- Extra holidays for length of service
- Share save scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policies
Being your authentic self at work is vital to success
GoCompare embraces diversity and truly believe in equal opportunities for all. We believe that inclusion and diversity increases creativity, delivers innovation, improves performance and better serves our customers.
We truly believe in the ethos that companies with greater diversity perform better than those without. It is for these reasons that all qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, informative background or any other characteristic for that matter that doesn't relate to your ability to perform the role.