Software Developer - Application Engineer - .NET CORE
Fully remote to start -Onsite 1 day per week once normal working practices resume
We are on the market for Software Developer for this market leading, global technology company.
You will be a Software Developer in our dynamic agile team, developing and maintaining high performing, scalable, enterprise-grade online applications and services.
We are looking for proactive, can-do, team focused individuals, who enjoy working in Agile teams and are focused on clean, maintainable code.
What you will do
- Be part of a key product team; Develop, deploy and support features and fixes using the latest technologies
- Be involved in estimating and scoping proposed features and developments, and then supporting their breakdown into stories and tasks
- Suggest ideas and continuous improvements for our components
- Propose the best technologies to use for aspects of the system
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs on the platforms
- Be an active member of the team, working in a dynamic and exciting Agile environment
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for
- Core skills in .NET framework
- Confident working with SQL based databases
- Demonstrable skills in root cause analysis
- Experience using Git/other source code management tools
- The desire to learn new technologies and apply them
- Passion for technology, inquisitive and ability to succeed in implementation and delivery of new solutions
- Excellent analytical skills and approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective communication skills including the ability to explain technical issues to a variety of audiences
- Ability to articulate what is being worked on, estimated completion dates and any foreseen risks and issues
- Creative and pro-active with tenacity for root cause analysis
Desired (a selection of the following)
- Experience of working in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience working in a micro services environment
- Experience of GO, Elastic Search and VB
- Experience with NodeJS and NPM
- Understanding of CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Awareness of Docker
- Awareness of Cloud infrastructure tools, such as GCP/AWS
How we operate
Quickly - We provide quality solutions for our customers at pace, by being accountable, taking initiative and acting decisively. We make difficult choices and take considered risks.
Differently - We are innovative and constantly adapt to find new ways to solve increasingly difficult problems.
Together - We're an inclusive team who value the diversity of thought that we get from different perspectives. We are a network of people who focus on cultivating relationships that create value for our customers.
- Vibrant office culture
- Flexibility and working from home
- If appropriate occasional travel may be required
If you have the relevant skills, apply today!