£44,270 - £47,850
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Investment Delivery Team. The Investment Delivery Team is responsible for the management and delivery of our planned and cyclical investment programmes and this new role will help to shape our cost management service and identify service improvements.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading on and being accountable for the financial control of Investment Delivery programmes to ensure that value for money is obtained and programmes are delivered in line with regulations and targets
- The development of pre-tender budget proposals and issuing of tender cost documentation.
- Supporting in the project and contract management of the delivery of investment programmes to ensure effective cost control
- Checking, monitoring and agreeing valuations and final accounts with contractors
- Financial forecasting and reporting
- Undertaking risk and value management services, ensuring that detailed cost control of all planned and cyclical programmes is maintained
The successful candidate will:
- Have worked within a similar role previously, delivering investment programmes within the housing sector and will hold a degree, or equivalent, in quantity surveying
- Have experience of cost control and financial budgeting / monitoring
- Be able to understand complex contractual issues as they relate to repairs and maintenance operations
- Be a proven leader with excellent management skills and experience of delivering successful change management
- Have an entrepreneurial approach with a drive to improve services and performance
- Have experience of working within a multidisciplinary team in a construction or regeneration environment
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential as is a flexible approach with the willingness to attend meetings out of hours if necessary.
We are a housing association formed to benefit our local community.
We provide and manage housing - including social housing - but we do so much more. We help to care for and support our customers through a range of services designed to help improve people's lives.