Location: HMP Exeter
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week (to include some weekend working)
Salary: £18,685 to £23,230 per annum depending on experience
We’re looking for two people who are motivated to make a real difference by joining our Integrated Substance Misuse Service within HMP Exeter. This established team works within the prison to support adult male prisoners with current or past problematic drug and alcohol use, promoting a culture of ‘visible contagious recovery’.
As a Recovery Worker you’ll provide recovery focussed assessment, information, planning and guidance to support prisoners. You’ll care coordinate a large caseload, supporting prisoners via a range of low to high intensity interventions including brief interventions, motivational interviewing, contingency management and cognitive behavioural coping skills. These interventions will be delivered in a range of settings including 1:1, group work, guided self-help and intensive structured programmes.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll work closely with partnership agencies in order to ensure continuity of care, key working, and access to appropriate services.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for applicants with a general understanding of substance misuse problems and recovery. You’ll have experience working in a similar role or environment: you may have come from the substance misuse sector or you may come from a related field and be looking for a change and a chance to use your transferable skills.
Additionally, you’ll have:
- Experience handling a caseload, undertaking assessments and working with individuals to develop, implement and review action plans.
- A good understanding of group working and group dynamics and competent group work facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- Experience managing your own priorities in order to carry a diverse workload with competing demands.
- Flexibility to take on the challenge of an extremely varied role.
- A genuine interest in the understanding of substance misuse problems and a positive, recovery focused attitude.
EDP Drug & Alcohol Services is a thriving charity providing services across Devon and Dorset, in the community and within prisons. We offer a number of dynamic and innovative initiatives which work alongside people to improve their wellbeing, social connections and employability.
EDP can offer you a real opportunity for new, challenging and highly rewarding experiences. In return for your commitment and enthusiasm, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 30 with length of service)
- Spot salary system offering you the chance to progress annually
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Life assurance benefit scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Eye Care Vouchers
- Training and development opportunities
Closing date for applications is noon on Monday 25th January 2021.
Remote interviews will be held 1st and 2nd February 2021.
Please ensure that you quote reference number 87.20 on your application.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website where you can download the information pack and application form.
EDP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Candidates are subject to additional checks including DBS (to the appropriate level) and prison vetting - details will be specified as part of the vacancy details. Outcomes of these additional checks will be considered before any offer/appointment is confirmed.
No agencies please.