Speech & Language Therapist - newly qualified
Close date:1st February
Please note we may close the advert sooner depending on the volume of applications
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, a specialist College, on-site residential homes and an Outreach service for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We are recruiting for a talented newly qualified Speech and Language Therapist to join our expert multidisciplinary therapy team. The role will support staff to ensure a high level of proficiency in issues related to communication, and deliver services as part of the MDT.
- Interest in working with children and/or adults with profound communication impairments, including people who are non-verbal
- Some understanding of the communication needs of people with exceptional complex disabilities, including deafness, multi- sensory impairment and autism
- Interest in augmentative and alternative communication systems
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy qualification
- Registered member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT)
- Registration with the Health Professions Council
- Placement or other experience working with children and/or adults with profound communication impairments, including people who are non-verbal
- Placement or other experience of working with users of augmentative and alternative communication systems
Pension scheme, life assurance, performance related pay scheme, on site gym, 24/7 employee assistance programme, access to Physio, doggy day care/grooming service, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, free parking and generous holidays!
At Seashell Trust we strive to deliver excellence by enhancing the communication skills, social skills, and overall independence and quality of life for our children and young people.
We provide an excellent care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our children and young adults.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and full references will be taken.
Apply for Speech & Language Therapist - newly qualified
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly