PAUL MURPHY CENTRE
Job title: Registered Manager
Location: Paul Murphy Care Centre Short Breaks Service and residential care. Paul Murphy Centre includes Hydrotherapy services and day centre services.
(Home for adults with learning disabilities and associated health conditions).
Reports to: Head of Operations
Management of: Paul Murphy Centre (PMC)
We are looking for an experienced person to manage one of our residential provisions which consists of 4 residential beds and 4 respite beds at the Paul Murphy Centre in Blackley, Manchester. Do you want to make your mark? You will be rewarded for your hard work with a competitive salary and training and development opportunities.
This exciting role will involve managing this eight bed service, with additional management responsibilities for our other services within the Paul Murphy Centre. These include Hydrotherapy and Day Care Services. (Both these service have a manager/deputy manager who are responsible for the day to day running of these services. The manager for PMC will need to supervise and support these managers). We want to hear from people who have been involved in developing services. Applicants need to have an enthusiastic, creative and innovative approach to delivering great experiences for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated health conditions who will be guests/residents in our service.
Job Description for the Manager:
Effective and strong management of the Paul Murphy Centre as described above.
Line management of staff, safeguarding all service users and adhering to Care Quality Commission (CQC) compliance.
Personalised support to people using our services.
Management and development of staff.
Build strong relationships with stakeholders and the wider community.
Promote the service and market the service of the Paul Murphy Centre generating new enquiries from clients and care givers.
The Successful Candidate will have:
• Good understanding and implementation of the regulatory framework and Quality Assurance systems
• Experience of change management
• Experienced Manager or Deputy Manager
• Knowledge of The Care Act 2014
• Knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and experience in implementing this in day to day practice.
• Competent leader who can work autonomously
• Level 5 in leadership and management
• Excellent staff management skills and an ability to motivate and lead staff teams
In return, we offer the following:
• the support of a dynamic and passionate Leadership Team
• the opportunity to develop your career in a challenging but rewarding field
• Training and development
• Progression opportunities
• 30 days annual leave per annum
Appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance, satisfactory references and CQC approval.
Summary of management tasks
To provide a high quality service to the people we support, we need to have motivated and effective teams. The Manager will take on agreed supervisory tasks and work to develop the team and the service performance.
• Encourages and drives the team to be the best they can be through having constructive conversations with team members to improve their performance.
• Promotes a team culture where the team are confident in taking accountability and making decisions, without referring for manager Input on routine matters.
• Implementing all people management processes. (HR and disciplinary matters)
• Undertakes effective agreed reviews for team members.
• Reviews and discusses team performance issues with Head of Operations/Business to secure improvement.
• Demonstrates capacity and willingness to learn and progress as a manager.
• Models an exemplary approach to supporting people who use the service and is effective role model for the team.
• Demonstrates ability and confidence in working with family members.
• Provides lead advice and direct feedback on practice to team members through observation and other performance management measures.
• Champions change and embraces new ways of working to make service delivery person centred.
• Highlights any required specialist support needs to improve practice delivery to Senior Managers.
• Ensures that all team members are compliant with induction and training requirements linked to their role and to meet service needs effectively.
• Demonstrates effective application and management of all processes within the service to support safe management of finances.
• Assesses and manages potential risks to the people we support, staff and environment. Competes risk assessments in a timely manner.
• Follows MCA, BI procedures and tracks the DoLS process.
• Demonstrates that service complies with any regulatory, contractual and other required standards.
• Urgently escalates any failures against requirements, complaints and critical incidents to Senior Management. Prepares relevant reports to support the investigation process.
• Manages and follows procedures in relation to HR issues, grievances and disciplinary procedures.
• Ensures that all individual plans and reports relating to people we support are completed, maintained and reviewed within agreed intervals.
• Completes and oversees recording of incidents within the service and escalates to senior management any areas of concern so that necessary actions are taken.
• Contributes to and oversees systems and records that support health and safety and maintenance of service environment.
• Ensures that all records relating to team members are completed and updated as required and agreed with Senior Managers.
• Being people centered
• Empowering, including and respecting all people
• Challenging wrong ways of thinking about learning disability
• Ensuring that Transforming lives is a key priority
• Being brave and developing new ideas
• Have a vision for developing the service and promoting the service to create business
Positive about working for Vestacare
Works well with all their colleagues and provides strong leadership ( leading by example)
Takes responsibility for their own development and that of others
Promotes and develops team work that engenders trust
Honesty about own performance
Open communication style
Experience of coaching, developing and motivating people
Understanding of managing service quality processes
Understanding of risk management
Developing and promoting business
Knowledge of sector/service types
CQC registration is desirable
Level 5 in Leadership and Management Essential
Evidence of ongoing professional development e.g. specific courses relevant to the role Essential
Qualification in Positive Behaviour Support Essential
Apply for Registered Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly