Scottish Affairs Lead
Scottish Affairs Lead (24 Month Contract)
Home and Field Based (covering Scotland)
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
Currently, there is an increasing demand for our services and it’s more important than ever that we get quality donated and surplus food to those in need.
We’re looking for a Scottish Affairs Lead to join our teams in Scotland on a part-time basis for a 24 month contract.
- Salary of £34,000 - £36,000 pro rata
- Travelcard loans (if applicable)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Help to feed families in need and make sure that no good food goes to waste
- Support the smooth running of an established charity
This is the ideal opportunity for a regional or national partnerships professional with an in-depth understanding of the Scotland Government’s devolved role to take on a new challenge and ensure FareShare is relevant and recognised as a significant partner and charity in Scotland.
The charity’s operations in Scotland are growing. This year alone, we delivered 10 million meals, saved over 4000 tonnes of food from landfill and worked with 653 local charities and community organisations to distribute food to families across Scotland.
So, if you are looking for your next challenge, this is the role for you.
As the Scottish Affairs Lead, you will be tasked with managing the relationship with the Scottish Government and handling the development of policies and strategy for FareShare Scotland. You will also manage Scottish corporate affairs and communications.
Working closely with the Scottish Network Development Manager and our delivery partner Heads of Service, you will develop and deliver policy priorities in Scotland.
Dividing your role into government relations and corporate affairs and communications activities, you will:
- Lead our work in Scotland, developing programme priorities and delivery
- Enhance our role as a trusted and valued partner
- Contribute to the development of Scottish policies for social justice, food and drink, food waste reduction and environment
- Prepare proposals for government support
- Prepare and present reports
- Represent our organisation to the Scottish Parliament, stakeholders and third parties
- Promote our aims and mission, building relationships to enable a favourable landscape for our work
- Act as lead spokesperson and media contact in Scotland
To be considered as the Scottish Affairs Lead, you will need experience of the following:
- Leading, developing and managing regional or national partnerships
- Working knowledge of Scotland’s devolved responsibilities, and of Scottish policy and legislative frameworks in social justice, food systems, food waste and the circular economy
- Project management
- Engagement and strategic level account management
- Business planning, transition management and of high level growth
- Working in a regulated environment
- Working on own initiative, organising your own workload and performing to deadlines and standards
An understanding of the food industry and supply chain would be beneficial to your application. Experience of monitoring performance would also be an advantage, as would experience of working with the Scottish Parliament.
Corporate affairs and communications experience would be equally desirable, as would experience of regional management for a national organisation. Experience of working with volunteers would also be favourable.
Other organisations may call this role Public Affairs Lead, Public Relations Manager, Public Affairs Manager, National Policy Lead, Policy Manager, or Corporate Affairs Lead.
The closing date for this role is the 20th January 2021. Interview date to be confirmed.
Webrecruit and FareShare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Scottish Affairs Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.