Location: HMP Guys Marsh
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week (to include some weekend working)
Salary: £17,675 - £18,685 per annum (depending on experience)
We’re looking for two Support Workers to join our Substance Misuse Service within HMP Guys Marsh. As a Support Worker in this team, you’ll have an important role working as part of a wider team within the prison, helping individuals with their drug and alcohol misuse issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing basic recovery focused psychosocial support
- Providing individuals with important health and harm reduction information and advice
- Working with clinical teams to monitor and observe individuals during the administration of their medications
- Contributing to the continuity of care through effective liaison with partnership agencies
- Undertaking key administrative tasks including the collection and inputting of data onto information systems
What we’re looking for
Previous experience of working within a similar recovery orientated environment or as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a social or health care environment, whilst not necessary, would be a distinct advantage. This could include experience of administering drug and alcohol tests, working with people with drug and alcohol problems, assessment and individual care planning, and involvement in delivering a range of evidence based psychosocial interventions in 1:1 and group-work settings.
You’ll already be an effective communicator, comfortable with conveying key information efficiently and effectively both in writing and verbally. You’ll be proficient with administration and IT skills, and will be experienced at managing your own time, workload and priorities.
More importantly, you will have a genuine interest in the understanding of substance misuse problems and a positive recovery focused attitude. You’ll be keen to develop professionally and will demonstrate a high level of integrity and enthusiasm for working within the structured environment of a prison.
EDP Drug & Alcohol Services is a thriving charity providing services across Devon and Dorset, in the community and within prisons. We offer a number of dynamic and innovative initiatives which work alongside people to improve their wellbeing, social connections and employability.
EDP can offer you a real opportunity for new, challenging and highly rewarding experiences. In return for your commitment and enthusiasm, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 30 with length of service)
- Spot salary system offering you the chance to progress annually
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Life assurance benefit scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Eye Care Vouchers
- Training and development opportunities
Closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 20th January 2021.
Remote interviews will be held on 4th February 2021.
Please ensure that you quote reference number 07.21 on your application.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website where you can download the information pack and application form.
EDP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Candidates are subject to additional checks including DBS (to the appropriate level) and prison vetting - details will be specified as part of the vacancy details. Outcomes of these additional checks will be considered before any offer/appointment is confirmed.
No agencies please.