East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire (with some travel)
Serving some of the UK’s most recognisable brands, our client is an expert designer, manufacturer and installer of signs and cladding.
With their market share, successful track record and strategic manufacturing sites, our client engineers products that fulfil customers’ design requirements while minimising costs.
They are currently looking for an Estimator to join their friendly team in East Kilbride.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Tea and coffee in the office
- The flexibility to work from home 1/3 of the time
- Home-working equipment – to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
If you are an experienced estimator with strong AutoCAD skills, this is a brilliant opportunity to progress your career with an organisation that invests in their people.
You will play an integral role in supporting our client to secure new business and will have the chance to work with an impressive customer base, which includes internationally renowned retailers, contractors and financial institutions.
As an Estimator, you will support the successful delivery of signage and cladding projects.
In this key role, you will take ownership of the estimating process for project enquiries and ensure that our client offers competitive pricing whilst remaining commercially viable.
Additionally, you will:
- Work with departments across the business, including Purchasing, Design and Manufacturing
- Attend pre- and post-tender customer meetings
- Promptly respond to technical project enquiries
To be considered as an Estimator, you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience in an estimating environment
- Experience of producing profitable tenders and/or quotes from architect’s drawings and specifications
- Good IT skills, including proficiency in AutoCAD and other estimating software
- The ability to read and understand tender documentation, specifications, drawings and terms and conditions
- A proactive and committed attitude
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Experience of performing estimation work in relation to cladding, rainscreen systems, curtain walling, glazing and building façades would be beneficial but not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Cladding Estimator, Project Estimator, Cost Estimator, Construction Estimator, Project Surveyor, Cost Surveyor, or Cladding Project Estimator.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as an Estimator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: full time