ADVANCE Study Administrator
ADVANCE Study Administrator
Salary: £26,170 – £28,970 per annum pro rata
Full-time equivalent: 0.5 FTE
Location: Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC), Stanford Hall, Nottinghamshire
The ADVANCE Study is a collaborative study between the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC), Stanford Hall, Imperial College London and King’s College London. This unique study examines the medium and long-term medical and psychosocial outcomes including cardiovascular health, musculoskeletal conditions, pain, quality of life and mental health, of injured UK servicemen who returned from the conflict in Afghanistan.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the ADVANCE finance and admin team for a highly effective administrator. You will offer finance, clerical and administrative support to a multidisciplinary team, taking responsibility for processing invoices, maintaining accurate expenditure records, and undertaking other duties to ensure the smooth running of the ADVANCE office day-to-day.
The post holder should have previous relevant clerical/administration/finance experience (or NVQ equivalent), and a basic understanding and knowledge of finance and expenditure spreadsheets. You must also have excellent attention to detail and proven interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
Being aware of and acting in accordance with all GDPR and data requirements, guidelines and regulations at all times will be essential.
More information on the ADVANCE Study can be found on the Study’s website.
The post is located at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC), Stanford Hall, Nottinghamshire.
Duties and responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will be in finance administration, including:
- Processing invoices, including obtaining the necessary authorisations for payments and liaising with the accounting team
- Keeping accurate records of study expenditure and providing finance data to the finance manager and Project Board, as necessary
- Liaising with any external bodies providing finance/accounting support to the study
- Making purchases as requested by the study management and recording these appropriately and accurately
- Providing finance data and information for reports
You will also undertake other duties to ensure the smooth running of the office, and be available to help with a range of administrative duties to support the ADVANCE clinical and recruitment teams, as necessary.
- Previous relevant clerical/administration/finance experience or NVQ equivalent
- Basic understanding and knowledge of finance and expenditure spreadsheets
- A demonstrable commitment to professional development
- Experience of data input
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage a high volume of work in order to meet deadlines
- Proven computer literacy and ability to use all Windows packages effectively
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Proven interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, working without direct supervision
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion and with an understanding of, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
Job Family and Level: Professional Services, Level 2b
Responsible to: Dr Maija Maskuniitty
Duration of post: Until 30th June 2022 in the first instance
All candidates wishing to apply for this post need to fill in and submit an online application.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Dr Maija Maskuniitty at email@example.com.
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 25th January 2020
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference MED02180.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.