Meter Reader - Full Training Provided
Meter Reader - Full Training Provided
Field Based (covering an area from Morden and South Croydon in the north to Gatwick Airport in the south, Cobham, Leatherhead and Dorking in the west to Edenbridge in the east)
If you have customer service experience and a background in a field-based role, this is an exciting opportunity to build an exceptional career with our people-focused business.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
As a Meter Reader, you’ll join a supportive and experienced team who are always willing to lend a helping hand. Our geographic area is broken down into five sub regions for meter reading purposes with a number of meter readers assigned to each region. You will initially be paired with an experienced team member who will support you with advice and answer your queries.
Prior to commencing your role, you will be provided with a full day’s induction before shadowing an experienced Meter Reader and receiving on-the-job training.
We are focused on internal progression and your role will be no different. Ambitious and talented individuals will have the chance to progress into a team leader position, making this the ideal role for the future.
- Salary of £20,000 per annum
- Company car and fuel card
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (with a flexible start time)
As a Meter Reader, you will work across your assigned region taking meter readings from our revenue water meters.
You will provide the highest standard of customer service and communicate effectively with customers, ensuring they are provided with superb service and you are upholding our values of Service, Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Compassion and Innovation.
Your role will involve:
- Reading water meters using visual and automated techniques
- Recording water meter readings on a handheld computer terminal
- Locating and operating water meter apparatus
- Providing advice to customers and conducting proof of supply tests when required
- Competing administrative duties to assist the Customer Services Department
- Ensuring read routes are correctly sequenced
Other organisations may call this role Water Meter Reader, Trainee Meter Reader, Field Technician, or Field Water Technician.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Meter Reader with:
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to co-ordinate activities across different teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Customer service experience
- Experience in a field-based role and managing own appointments
Previous meter reading experience would be beneficial to your application.
- Life Cover Insurance
- Aviva Pension
- Aqualibrium (wellbeing program)
- A company car and fuel card for business use.
- Health Assured
- Mental Health First Aiders
- 23 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays increasing 1 day every year up to 27 days with length of service
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Meter Reader, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.
Interviews for this role will be conducted remotely via Teams.