We’re looking for an Administrator to join our team at HMP Exeter, providing high quality and consistent essential administrative support for the Integrated Substance Misuse Service within the prison.
Location: HMP Exeter
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £17,675 - £18,685 per annum (depending on experience)
You will build and maintain effective working relationships with team members, community services and other prison teams in order to contribute to the high quality handover and risk management process for service users entering and leaving the prison.
Key tasks will include:
- Using the service database to input and report on data, statistics and other relevant information
- Preparing and maintaining paperwork related to the various services provided for service users
- Communicating effectively with other teams and colleagues within the prison and relevant community links
- Undertaking a wide and varied range of general administrative tasks on a daily basis
What we’re looking for
This role will suit someone with previous team administrative experience who thrives in a busy environment where they can organise their own workload and priorities. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be an excellent communicator, able to build effective working relationships with a range of people. You’ll have excellent all round administration skills and will be highly proficient at using Microsoft Office.
In addition, you’ll have a good general standard of education, which may be enhanced by a further office, administration or customer service qualification. Whilst previous experience in a similar substance misuse and/or custodial environment is not essential, it would be an advantage. More important is a genuine interest in substance misuse services and a positive, recovery focused attitude.
EDP Drug & Alcohol Services is a thriving charity providing services across Devon and Dorset, in the community and within prisons. We offer a number of dynamic and innovative initiatives which work alongside people to improve their wellbeing, social connections and employability.
EDP can offer you a real opportunity for new, challenging and highly rewarding experiences. In return for your commitment and enthusiasm, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 30 with length of service)
- Spot salary system offering you the chance to progress annually
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Life assurance benefit scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Eye Care Vouchers
- Training and development opportunities
Closing date for applications is noon on Monday 18th January 2021.
Remote interviews will be held 27th January.
Please ensure that you quote reference number 02.21 on your application.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website where you can download the information pack and application form.
EDP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Candidates are subject to additional checks including DBS (to the appropriate level) and prison vetting - details will be specified as part of the vacancy details. Outcomes of these additional checks will be considered before any offer/appointment is confirmed.
No agencies please.