Security Team Leader
5 days left
- Part Time
Security Team Leader
The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire
Are you reliable, methodical and, when needed, are you able to keep calm in a crisis?
At NFER, our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. In this role you’ll report into the Estate Manager as part of the team who oversee our buildings, grounds, plant and other capital resources, shaping and maintaining a great working environment that all our employees can thrive in.
We are a friendly and collaborative organisation and you’ll be responsible for the weekday open and close of the estate, supporting the Cleaning Supervisor and cleaners to look after our modern offices, home to 220 staff, as well as our country manor house dating from 1887, which are set in our 5.5 acre site.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Locking duties including setting and unsetting alarm systems, and providing a security presence
- Reception duties including processing visitors, contractors, and deliveries or collections for both the post and/or couriers (usually this will be outside of core business hours)
- Patrolling grounds and buildings
- Day-to-day management of the access control and CCTV systems, ensuring compliance with agreed protocols, and periodic reporting
- Controlling the issuing of and deactivation of electronic access passes and visitor badges, in line with agreed procedures
- Implementing agreed security arrangements and processes, monitoring and reporting faults, concerns or incidents
- Acting as first response to emerging situations, including alarm faults or activations, and escalating appropriately as required
- Acting as duty first aider
- Acting as a site keyholder and providing emergency response if required
What you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a security role
- Able to work independently as well as part of a small team
- Smart appearance – this is a uniformed role, which involves dealing with visitors and guests
- Takes a proactive approach
- Punctual, reliable and methodical, with good attention to detail
- Confident in a crisis
- Good verbal and written communication
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel)
You may have had experience working as a night manager, or have had other roles such as a fireperson or police or security work.
The post is part-time and split shift; basic hours are Monday to Friday, 06:30 – 08:30hr and 17:30 – 20:30hr. 25 hours per week. Some additional hours will be required to support business activities, including late working and, occasionally, weekends – but these are rare.
- Salary FTE £19,820 - £22,309 (£14,157 - £15,935 pro rata)
- First aid and other job training will be provided
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Security Team Leader apply via the button shown.
We are currently reviewing applications.
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.
Other organisations may call this role Lead Security Operative, Security Guard Team Leader, Security Supervisor, Security Team Manager, or Security Operations Team Leader.