Technical Support Analyst 18 Month Apprenticeship
3 days left
- Full Time
Technical Support Analyst – 18 Month Apprenticeship
Bracknell, Berkshire (with remote working due to COVID-19
Looking to turn your passion for all things IT into a career to be proud of? Want to earn a salary and get your foot in the door of a global business while studying towards valuable IT qualifications? If so, read on.
About the company
GK Apprenticeships are recruiting on behalf of Perforce, an internationally successful software provider. Powered by passion, they help technology teams across the globe to work at their best and innovate faster.
Perforce have an exciting opportunity for an organised individual to join them as a Technical Support Analyst on an 18 month apprenticeship.
Why you should join the team
- Salary of £16,500 per annum (with salary reviews after 6 and 12 months)
- Complete a Level 3 apprenticeship
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Plenty of support to increase your knowledge and experience
- Join a global team who are passionate about doing good and having fun along the way
- Work with a world-renowned customer base
- Home working options
- On-site parking
- Become a fully-fledged Technical Support Analyst
- Take on a full-time role with Perforce at the end of your apprenticeship
What you’ll be doing
As a Technical Support Analyst, you’ll learn how to provide technical support to Perforce’s customers, which includes some of the most famous companies in the world.
Joining a friendly, supportive environment, you’ll learn about computer software used in industry, processes and methodologies followed, how to give presentations and managing interactions with customers. You’ll also become an expert in Perforce’s range of software products.
Initially, you will spend 1 day a week in the office and the rest working remotely. This will increase to 2 – 3 days as COVID risks reduce.
Here’s some of what you’ll gain as part of your apprenticeship:
- Coding skills
- Operating systems knowledge
- Skills in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with code and systems
- Customer service skills
- Experience of writing technical documents
What you need
To be considered as a Technical Support Analyst, you’ll need:
- A Levels (or equivalent) including at least one numerate subject (Maths, Computer Studies, Science or similar)
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above
- Excellent attention to detail
- Plenty of enthusiasm
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of C+, C++ and Linux would be beneficial to your application, but this is by no means essential.
Other organisations may call this role Apprentice IT Engineer, Junior IT Technician, Trainee Network Support Technician, Apprentice IT Support Analyst, or Technical Support Advisor.
This role would also be suitable for those considering an IT Apprenticeship, Technical Support Apprenticeship, IT Internship, IT Training Programme, IT Support Apprenticeship, or an IT Engineering Apprenticeship.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 11th January 2021.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we reserve the right to close the role early should a sufficient number be received. As such, we would encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
So, if you’re eager to start an exciting career as a Technical Support Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:30