Injection Moulding Setter
3 days left
- Full Time
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful plastic moulding business with a family friendly culture.
Job title: Injection Moulding Setter
Salary: circa £28,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: The role is based across dual sites (Dorking and Faygate)
This is permanent a full-time position, working Monday through to Thursday.
Our client is providing an excellent opportunity to work within a secure and stable environment where they actively encourage the development of our people. They supply excellent quality thermosetting and thermoplastic mouldings, utilising a variety of machines with capacities up to 250 tons. They also provide tool design, tool manufacturing, printing, assembly, packing and distribution.
As an Injection Moulding Setter, you must have competence and experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance and process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials. You will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products. The role of an Injection Moulding Setter is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software to provide the optimum cycle time.
- Retrieve prepared moulds and installs into injection moulding press
- Secure mould in machine and associated ancillary equipment
- Loads material into the machine hopper
- Sample moulds: Set-up machine operating parameters from scratch to process parts to specifications Inspect sample parts for accuracy
- Record process specifications onto setting sheets
- Production moulds: Set-up machine operating parameters from established setting sheets.
- Process parts to specifications
- Remove moulds from the press and stage for disassembly
- Troubleshoot and correct process problems at the press
- Purge barrel of leftover materials at the conclusion of an order
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the department
- Maintain clean and organised work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilisation
- Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance
Previous setting experience in a plastics manufacturing environment is essential, e.g., processing, setups. Ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jack, overhead crane hoist, etc.). It would be advantageous, but not essential to be able to use measuring instruments such as scales, calipers, dial indicators. The role is physically demanding and requires reaching, bending, and grasping.
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button.
After you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with instructions on how to complete your application.
Applications will be processed as and when received, so don’t delay in applying.
No agencies please.
Apply for Injection Moulding Setter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly