3 days left
- Full Time
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful plastic moulding business with a family friendly culture.
Job title: Quality Engineer
Salary: circa £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Location: The role is based across dual sites (Dorking and Faygate)
This is permanent a full-time position, working Monday through to Friday.
Our client is providing an excellent opportunity to work within a secure and stable environment where they actively encourage the development of their people. They supply excellent quality thermosetting and thermoplastic mouldings, utilising a variety of machines with capacities up to 250 tons. They also provide tool design, tool manufacturing, printing, assembly, packing and distribution.
As the Quality Engineer, you will oversee the quality assurance side of the business. The incumbent coordinates work systems and practices to ensure that the products or services of the Company meet the highest quality standards.
- Be responsible for the full evaluation and quality checks for 'first off’ approvals and 'last off’ checks from production
- To train and oversee production staff on the practices of correct quality inspection practices and check whether parts meet customer and quality requirements.
- Creating and updating Standard Operating Processes (SOP) to ensure clarity and accuracy.
- Manage the 8D process, progressing 8Ds through to completion and provide copies to customers at relevant times
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations. Currently ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
- Involvement in the introduction of new products at the relevant times during the introduction process and liaises with customers as required.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained and standards are maintained.
- Collection of weekly and monthly KPI information and delivery of information for month end reporting
- Creation and implementation of written information, toolbox talks and management/staffing briefings for the quality areas of the business
- Manage and arrange to get reject items or samples returned from clients back to site to assess quality issues and report findings.
- Process technical orders and undertake this as the first quality check to identify potential quality issues (e.g. tight tolerances, correct drawings etc) and highlight any concerns to the in a timely manner.
- Ensure, monitor and keep up to date records of suppliers (and an Approved Suppliers List) to be able to conform to the requirements of the Company and the Company’s Clients. Undertake audits with suppliers when required.
- Ensuring at all times we have the most up to date and correct component drawings on the I-plan system.
- Maintain and check on a regular basis customer internal systems/portal for quality concerns or issues.
- Liaising with customers in person, email and telephone in relation, as necessary
- Organise the calibration of equipment and upkeep of records
- Collating daily scrap data and reporting to production meeting
- When a customer request is made to undertake a FAIR report, carry out this action and send the FAIR report to the customer.
Previous quality experience in a manufacturing environment is essential.
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button.
After you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with instructions on how to complete your application.
Applications will be processed as and when received, so don’t delay in applying.
No agencies please.
Apply for Quality Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly