Tech Recruitment Administrator (Apprentice)
We have a brilliant opportunity to join us as a Recruitment Administration/Resourcing Apprentice, initially on a 15 month fixed term contract. In this brand new role to Reach, you will report to the Recruitment Manager and work alongside a Tech Recruiter to deliver a first class recruitment service to our technology hiring managers. This is a great opportunity to learn about business administration on the job and through apprenticeship training, recruitment practices and the digital/technology space - all while in the UK's largest news publisher. Opportunities don't get much better than this if we do say so ourselves!
This is a home working opportunity, and we will ensure that you have the set up, kit and ongoing support to fully integrate into our recruitment team quickly. As a business, we breathe our values of Collaboration, Determination, Imagination and Customer Focus, underpinning the work our talented employees produce every single day, from editorial and HR, to technology and print. We strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Studying for your Recruitment Resourcing apprenticeship as part of the role
- Supporting the Tech Recruiter in an administrative capacity to manage all level vacancies within Product & Engineering, IT and Solutions Technology
- Drafting job adverts from job descriptions and posting them onto our careers website
- Working with our technology hiring managers to arrange candidate interviews and obtain feedback
- Using an applicant tracking system to manage all internal, external and recruitment agency candidates that apply for a role at Reach
- Working with the Tech Recruiter to provide a first class hiring experience for all tech lead stakeholders
- Utilising Linkedin (with support) and relevant advertising channels to publish roles on the InYourArea platform
- Be aware of our fantastic internal referral scheme in technology and promote it when and where you can
- Alongside the Tech Recruiter, attend weekly recruitment meetings with the wider team to discuss weekly focuses and priorities
- Monitor diversity across all applications, shortlist and hires
- Where required, research into relevant tech industry events and report back to Tech Recruiter
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the prospect of learning all about internal recruitment in the digital/technology space. This is a great opportunity to join a fast paced environment, with lots of changing priorities and the ability to make a difference. You will be comfortable working from home and receiving ongoing virtual support from the Tech Recruiter & Recruitment Manager. You will be curious, interested in improving the hiring manager/candidate experience, and comfortable communicating with hiring managers at all levels.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Fully funded apprenticeship training and support
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.