Care and Support Assistant
Care and Support Assistant
Location: Colchester, Clacton, Tendring
Salary: £9.30 p/h
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Expiry Date: Friday 15 January 2021
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide personal, practical and emotional support to customers living in their own homes, ensuring personalised care and support that enables and encourages customers to reach and maintain an optimum level of independence.
You can have up to 9 care calls per shift. Shift times are 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm - you are paid for the full shift (excluding break) and not just contact time!
A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this role. This post is also subject to an Enhanced DBS.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide personal care for the customer, assisting with personal care tasks where necessary, e.g. personal hygiene, continence management, dressing, assisting with medication
- To ensure that all records are kept up to date to ensure compliance
- Record all actions / tasks undertaken at each visit on the care plan sheet
- Take account of and regularly review health and safety hazards and risks within the customer’s home
- To liaise with family members, friends and other professionals as and when appropriate
- To participate in training as directed to ensure Care and Support is delivering safe, effective and caring services
For the above post you will have/be:
- Full, clean UK license and vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Knowledge and understanding of providing support, advice and the ability to communicate this knowledge
- Some previous home care experience would be beneficial
- Care qualification NVQ 2 or equivalent is desirable
If you are passionate about helping others, have a caring nature, and want to work for a CQC rated Outstanding company, our client are waiting to hear from you.
Some of their benefits include;
- Paid mileage
- Generous holiday entitlement (pro rata)
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Uniform and mobile phone provided
- Ongoing training
- Supportive team
Our client offer other fantastic benefits including Pension, Life Assurance, BUPA Private Healthcare, a comprehensive induction programme and much more.
About Our Client
Ranked No. 37 in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not for Profit Companies, working for our client is a lifestyle, not just a job. As a multi award winning Housing Association, they've been creating somewhere to feel at home for their team and their customers for 25 years. Whether working in Development & Regeneration, Operations, Construction, Care or Central Services, you can be sure that they will provide you with a home from home whatever job you do there. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.