Hours 37 hours per week, Mon - Fri
We are currently recruiting for a Caretaker to join our team in Cambridge to provide a high quality caretaking service to our residents.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring that all communal areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Carrying out general basic maintenance and minor repairs.
- Attending emergencies quickly and effectively.
- Ensuring that onsite health and safety inspections / issues are logged and kept up to date.
- Supervising any contractors on site, ensuring general site security.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Cleaning experience including the ability to use heavy machinery.
- Basic DIY skills and knowledge of relevant health and safety policies.
- Good customer service skills with a sympathetic but fair approach.
- An approachable and friendly personality.
As a Caretaker and lone worker you will need to be able to move around schemes to undertake repairs and general maintenance which could include the use of ladders and heavy lifting.
bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing association developers in the country, we are committed to providing quality repair and maintenance services to our Residents. Our amazing hard-working team make sure our properties are maintained to the highest standard, whilst ensuring our homes meet the needs of our Residents.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.