Care and Support Coordinator
Care and Support Coordinator
Location: London / Bristol - Home Based - covering South of England and South West
Salary: £20,000 per annum plus London waiting £1,950 per annum and benefits
Full Time, permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Are you searching for the next step on your social care career ladder? If so we are looking for a Care and Support Coordinator to join our wonderful caring team in the South of England, covering London and the South West of England. This is a great opportunity to make a real positive difference and develop key management and leadership skills within a social care environment.
What can you expect in the role?
Everyday is different in this role….
You will be assisting the Registered Support Manager to develop a widespread team of support workers, who alongside your leadership will be delivering the extraordinary high quality communication support to our customers. You will be very ‘hands on’, communicating with staff and customers daily, assisting and organising rotas, meeting with the team face to face for supervisions, 121s and team meetings.
It’s key that you lead by example, showing best practice to existing and new staff, and maintain a professional approach at all times ensuring the team always puts our customers at the heart of what they do at all times.
This role is full time 37.5 hours per week, working over a 7 day rota, therefore days, evenings and weekend working will be required.
Do you need experience?
We are looking for a positive individual who has a solid care background, supporting individuals to lead an independent life and assisting them with daily living tasks. You will be looking for the next step on the social care career ladder, show enthusiasm and strong communication skills to be able to assist in leading a team of support workers.
To be successful in this role you will:
- QCF Level 2 or more in Health & Social Care and will ideally you will have BSL Level 2 or more or willing to obtain
- Experience of delivering personalised support to people who have a disability in a social care setting is essential and experience at a senior level is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Understanding of financial management processes and managing multiple budgets.
- Experience of working within a target driven role and have demonstrable experience of meeting targets.
- Experience of managing risk and making good decisions.
- You’ll be a driver with your own transport and able to travel independently
We also ask all employees to demonstrate & share our care values and positive attitude to ensure we deliver high quality support.
Choosing to work within our unique services you will not only be benefiting from a supportive network of colleagues, this will also be complimented by an excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Opportunity to take part in bespoke training & gain qualifications relevant to your role
- DBS Enhanced Check fully paid for by DBUK
- Inclusion in our pension scheme
- Free eye tests and contribution towards glasses for VDU users
- Discounts at major restaurants, hotels, shops and cinemas and Other benefits from the Perkbox employee benefits scheme
This role will close on Wednesday 16th December 2020.
#jobs #recruiting #safeguarding #seniorsupportworker #carecordinator #financialmanagement #BSL #socialcare #jobsincare #carejobs #London #Bristol #southgloucestershire