Cyber Security Analyst
Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Salary: GBP40,000 - GBP45,000 + benefits
Are you an experienced Cyber Security Analyst looking for your next challenge? If so this could be the ideal opportunity for you. My client, a specialist financial services business with an excellent reputation are currently investing within their Information/Cyber Security team. As part of this investment they are looking to hire an Information/Cyber Security Analyst to join the team.
You will assist the Information Security Manager in maintaining and delivering the Information Security Strategy across the business ensuring that it meets current and future business requirements. You will also be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of all aspects of Information Security against threats such as security breaches, computer viruses or attacks.
The role will take a 'hands-on' approach from a security and technical perspective to mitigate any risk of an Information Security incident occurring and will be key to the investigation and remediation of any perceived breach or incident.
- Assist the Information Security Manager to maintain and deliver the prescribed Information Security Strategy ensuring that it meets current and future business requirements.
- Working closely with the external Managed Security Operations Centre (SOC), define and manage the internal Information Security detection and response operation and escalated tasks to the relevant department where remediation actions are required.
- Assist in the management of patching, vulnerability analysis and penetration testing to ensure SLAs are maintained or improved, recommendations are risk assessed and implemented in a timely manner.
- To assist with technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems and processes, identifying potential vulnerabilities, to make recommendations to the Information Security Manager to control any risks identified and to ensure they are implemented.
- To respond rapidly and effective to Information Security incidents, assisting with any incident to remediate any tasks and investigate and document the root cause analysis.
- To work closely with key stakeholders including Risk, Audit, IT to assist and provide input to ensure that policies and procedures for Information Security are effective and adhered to. To be proactive in making recommendations for updates to policies and procedures as required.
- To assist in the development and implementation of a robust set of Information Security standards based upon best practices and provide support and guidance to end-users in the effective use of Information Security applications, processes and tools.
- To maintain the Information Security documentation repository to ensure all relevant documentation is accessible, accurate, and up-to-date including IT business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Skills and Experience required
- Proven experience of working within a similar Information/Cyber Security Analyst or SOC Analyst position.
- Good all round IS & IT Security Technical Skills & Expertise.
- Sound knowledge of IT/IS Security tools and processes.
- Good knowledge and experience of Security Incident Management and Security Operations.
- Good Communication skills (Verbal & Written)
For more information or to apply please send a copy of your CV to (see below) or drop me a line on .