SQL/Oracle Database Administrator
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a SQL/Oracle Database administrator.
Our client is a large and influential organisation, and are now looking for a SQL DBA to transform and modernise Legacy systems. They are retiring all windows Servers 2008R2 operating systems and the latest systems will be implemented.
The role entails:
- Identifying systems requiring modernisation
- Collaborating with system and services owners to plan the retirement of old systems
- Designing systems to be introduced into operations
- Creating detailed documentation of the agreed solutions
- Mentoring colleagues to develop skills and knowledge
- Collaborating with service support teams to introduce new and updated systems
To be considered for the role, you will require the following:
- Previous experience of designing, documenting and implementing Microsoft SQL system, including consolidating and migrations to technical specifications
- Experience planning and implementing technical changes
- Excellent communication of solutions and technical information.
- Previous experience supporting and implementing SQL server 2008, SSRS, SSIS, analysis services
- Extensive Experience supporting SQL Server in a virtualised environment
- Strong Problem solving and troubleshooting skills specifically with SQL Server
Desirable attributes would include:
- Experience of implementing and migrating production database services to a consolidated SQL Server infrastructure
- Experience with Windows Server 2016/2019 Data warehousing SQL