Service Desk Analyst - 1st/2nd line
Service Desk Analyst - 1st/2nd line - Livingston
My client is a highly dynamic and successful IT Services and consultancy organisation with a strong presence across the UK.
They currently have an opportunity for a Service desk analyst to join their team in West Lothian on a perm basis.
- Working in an office-based busy service desk providing remote support by email and telephone on a 1st and 2nd line basis
- Monitoring client's systems and services remotely
- To support our customers in the use of their applications, hardware and services covered within their maintenance contract
- Configuring and building client machines
- To take ownership of support incidents, escalating technical problems to a senior team member when necessary and feeding back progress to the customer
- Attention to detail ensuring all tasks meet with the standards expected by the company
- To use the call-logging system to accurately record details of actions and advice given to customers
- You will need to be self-motivated, reliable with good time keeping, and In return we offer the opportunity to join a growing business as well as the potential for career progression and the chance to work on interesting projects
Your Skills and Interests:
- Previous experience and/or genuine interest in IT support. ideally with some form of educational or accreditation in IT - eg a college IT course or CompTIA
- Proficiency with support of Microsoft technologies in a desktop environment with the potential to grow your knowledge of Servers, virtualisation, Active Directory and relevant backup solutions
- The ability to deliver good customer service; you must be a people person with patience and confident communication skills. A team player.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to see the challenge through.- - - Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies.
Full UK driving license
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career in an IT Consultancy organisation. For more information, please contact me